Thursday, October 3, 2013

Halloween T-shirts

My daughter is invited to a birthday party on Saturday and she was asked to wear "Halloween colors" or clothes. Looking in her closet, I realized she didn't have anything orange or black or remotely "Halloweeny".  I didn't want to spend a lot on the cute, but pricey Halloween shirts  on Etsy. My sewing machine is on the fritz, so I that took sewing out of the equation. I decided to do a quick iron-on pumpkin on an orange T-shirt. Super easy. Super quick. Super cheap. 
I found kid-sized orange T-shirts at Jo-Ann Fabrics (and on sale too!) I purchased 1/4 yard of orange striped fabric and used brown and green scraps of fabric that I already had.  I pre-washed them to prevent shrinking issues when the shirt is washed.
I then ironed wonder-under onto the fabric, and cut out a pumpkin shape with stem and a leaf.  Following the wonder-under instructions, I ironed the pumpkin onto the T-shirt and voila!
I thought the pumpkin potentially looked too girly for my boys, so I used some black fabric and wonder-under to make them jack-o-lantern shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment