Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Letter Signs


I've been wanting to hang something on the wall above the beds in the boys' room, but have yet to find anything that's I like that's not really expensive.
I saw this sign on Pinterest and it inspired me to make similar ones for the boys.
I picked up a cheap frame, some burlap, some red paint, and wooden letters from Hobby Lobby.

I took the glass and cardboard out of the frame and painted it. (I used a small bottle of FolkArt paint).  I painted the wooden letter (resting it on wax paper so it didn't stick like it would to newspaper).

While the paint was drying, I cut the burlap a few inches larger than the frame and ironed it so it didn't have any wrinkles.  I turned the frame over, backside up, and rested the burlap over the frame. I pushed the cardboard into the frame and gently pulled the burlap so it was flat in the front.
 I then folded the burlap over the cardboard and hot-glued it down. I pushed down the frame tabs (the little things that keep the cardboard in the frame.
 Next, I hotglued the letter to the burlap, and voila! - artwork for above the boys' beds!
Yeah! Their room is finally starting to look decorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment